The 24th Conference of the EPS Condensed Matter Division (CMD-24), the 29th European Conference on Surface Science (ECOSS-29), the 11th European Conference on Surface Crystallography and Dynamics (ECSCD-11), and the 2012 UK Condensed Matter and Materials Physics Conference (CMMP-12) will be held in parallel at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
This combination of European Condensed Matter conferences provides a unique forum for presentations of research work across the full range of condensed matter physics to a wide international audience. The conference programme will include plenary talks by outstanding scientists, oral sessions, including invited and contributed presentations in several parallel sessions, and ample time for poster sessions.
The conference will offer space for discussing both novel and established topics of condensed matter physics. A number of joint topical symposia will provide platforms for exchange of information between surface scientists and scientists working in other areas of condensed matter physics.
Prizes will be awarded to the best oral and poster contributions by students.
A large exhibition will be running alongside the conference from 3 - 5 September 2012. More than 1000 participants from across the globe are expected to attend the conference and exhibition, including students, academics and industrial researchers. During session times, the exhibition will also be open to non-participant visitors enabling a broader community to visit. There are also be many sponsorship opportunities available To find out more about the exhibition or the sponsorship packages please go to the exhibition page.
The International Union of Vacuum Science, Technology and Applications (IUVSTA, http://www.iuvsta.org) and Elsevier, the publishing company, offer those young scientists under 30 from developing countries that are eligible for the Research4Life program, as listed on http://www.research4life.org/institutions.html, the opportunity to apply for limited support to attend ECOSS-29 in Edinburgh. Please down load the file from the link below, carefully read the eligibility criteria and follow the instructions in the document before submitting an application.
IUVSTA-Elsevier Young Scientist Support Programme
Scope of the conference:
• Metal Surfaces
• Semiconductor Surfaces
• Oxide Surfaces
• Biological Interfaces
• Surface Dynamics: Space-/Time-/Energy-resolved
• Surface Reactions, Kinetics and Catalysis
• Electronic Structure of Surfaces
• Liquid-solid Interfaces incl. Water and Electrochemistry
• Complex Systems: Large Organic Molecules, Self-assembly and Self-organisation
• Novel Methods: Instrumentation, Facilities and Computation
• Polymers / Biology
• Magnetism / Spintronics / Inter-Metallic Phases
• Carbon including Nanotubes, Graphene, Diamond
• Low Temperature / Superconductivity
• Theory/Computational Physics
• Neutron / X-ray Diffraction
• Thin Carbon Layers / Graphene
• Topological Insulators
• Magnetism at the Atomic and Molecular Scale
• Energy Conversion: Heat dissipation, Photovoltaics, etc.
• Electrochemisty at the Atomic and Molecular Scale
• Polymer Surfaces and Interfaces
• Nanoconfined Liquids
• Non-covalent Interactions
• Structural Determination at Surfaces beyond STM